...which will henceforth be referred to as DDELC (or maybe just Dark Days...it sounds so ominous!)...
Anyway! Laura over at Urban Hennery came up with the great idea of doing another Eat Local Challenge, but this one has the focus of using our stores of food that we have put by during the peak season of summer. Which brings us to the Dark Days Eat Local Challenge.
The general rule is to make one local meal per week and blog about it. Laura and friends will be doing a weekly roundup of what everyone is up to each Saturday.
1. The toddler is exempt, getting him to eat is hard enough!
2. Oils and spices are exempt.
3. Local means within 150 miles of my address.
4. I get one freebie non-local ingredient per meal (if needed).
5. We commit through the end of November, and then we'll reevaluate (we're out of town for most of December, so it'll get tricky then).
So stay tuned! With only two more weeks of CSA shares, it's going to get mighty interesting around here. Wish me luck.